Calling all coffee lovers! ☕️
Need a break from your morning cup o’ joe? Herbal “coffee” is a delicious way to infuse your morning routine with a dose of herbal goodness while cutting back on caffeine and the high acidity at the same time. Discover some great herbal allies that taste remarkably coffee-like, and also support the liver and kidneys, the digestive system, balance blood sugar, reduce inflammation, and more! Use it as a substitute, or try mixing it half-and-half with your current morning coffee.
Herbal “Coffee” Blend
- 1-2 T in 12-oz water; simmer for 15-30 minutes
- Alternative: 2 T ground to 12-oz water in French press
This coffee blend is so tasty, and offers all the comforts and satisfaction of coffee without the jitters!
You could stop there.
OR you could take it a step further and build off of that blend to make a homemade herbal “coffee” liqueur. It’s simple to transform a few health-supporting herbs into a delicious liqueur that makes an excellent alternative to Kahlúa.
Herbal “Coffee” Liqueur
- 4-1/2 c water
- 1 c herbal coffee blend
- 1-1/2 c dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 c white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c vodka
- Decoct the herbal coffee blend in 4 cups water and strain
- In a separate bowl, mix both sugars in a bowl and pour the hot “coffee” over
- Stir until sugars dissolve, then let the mixture cool
- Add vodka and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir gently
- Pour the liqueur into sterilized jars and seal
Once you’ve mastered the “better-than-coffee” blend and herbal “Kahlúa,” you’re ready to put both to work… and mix up an Herbal Mocha Martini 🌼🌿
Herbal Mocha Martini
Chocolate syrup ingredients
Herbal mocha martini ingredients
- 2 oz vodka
- 1⁄2 oz chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz strong herbal coffee
- To make the chocolate syrup, combine everything in a small pot and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring continually
- Remove from heat; cool and bottle
- Chocolate syrup will keep in refrigerator up to 3 months
- To make the herbal mocha martini, place all ingredients in shaker with ice and shake until cold
- Serve in a glass rimmed with sugar and cocoa powder
Watch the videos on YouTube and don’t forget to subscribe!
If you’re ready to learn MORE about holistic health and using herbs to improve your own wellness and the wellbeing of your family, check out our selection of online courses!