If you’re using any medication to eliminate or reduce headaches more than 2 times a week, you need to remember that you’re only suppressing a symptom. Let’s see how we can get to the ROOT of the problem and find natural ways to decrease the frequency of your headaches.
Eliminate Food Triggers
- remove MSG (croutons, soups, restaurants)
- nitrites (processed meats contain more of this)
- caffeine – how much are you drinking/eating?
- eliminate alcohol
- tyramine (in aged foods including cheese, smoked fish, cured meats, some beer and wines)
- personal food sensitivities (grains, dairy, legumes, etc.)
Find the root of the emotion; how are you perceiving your life inputs?
- Where do you carry stress?
- Can your headache be looked at as a gift? As a way for the body to communicate that something needs to be changed in your life?
- Understand how you live your life and how the way in which you perceive your world may be contributing to headaches.
How can we increase resiliency?
- relaxing herbs – chamomile, lavender, passionflower, linden can all be explored
- massage/body work
- reduce stress in your life
- personal development to work through your thoughts and perceptions of life
- elimination diet (minimum of 30 days, up to 3 months) to identify sensitivities
- vitamin B2 400 mg/day
- magnesium glycinate 600 mg/day
- mindfulness/meditation practices
- breath work
- after life is back on track, adding adaptogens like maca, eleuthero and ashwagandha