This time of year simply begs for pumpkin spice and everything nice!
This pumpkin spice liqueur is a great addition to your beverage offerings. You can use it as a sipping liqueur, or easily add some egg nog, milk, or use it as an ingredient in a cocktail. This is absolutely delicious and keeps well in the refrigerator.
Let us know if you make it and how you used it! Join our community to connect with other herbalists 🌼🌿
- 2 c water
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- 6 (3″) cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 T dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c rum
- Simmer cinnamon and cloves over medium heat for 30 minutes; strain
- Return to the pot and add sugar; simmer for another 5-10 minutes to thicken
- Add vanilla extract and rum; stir well and allow to cool completely
- Store in a container in a cool dark place for at least 2 days before using
* Longer storage (up to 3 months) will produce a more flavorful liqueur.